AWS or Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon, offering scalable, secure, hybrid, cost-effective, and on-demand cloud computing services and APIs to customers (individuals, businesses, and governments) based on a pay-as-you-go model. AWS provides 200+ featured services from data centers worldwide. AWS has millions of customers, including fast-growing startups, the largest corporations (Pfizer, Unilever, Walt Disney Company, SONY, Johnson & Johnson), and government agencies (the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the UK Ministry of Justice (MOJ)). It helps these organizations to reduce costs, improve agility, and accelerate innovation. Companies hire AWS developers to scale their existing infrastructure, store & secure large chunks of data and build resilient systems.
Also read: How to Advance Your Career Successfully as A Software Developer
Who are AWS developers and why are they important?
AWS developers are experienced professionals who use the AWS cloud computing platform and its services (EC2 (virtual machine service), Glacier (cloud storage service), S3 (storage system), etc.) to streamline business processes and product development. The primary responsibility of an AWS developer is to enhance the existing cloud storage infrastructure, implement scalable database solutions, and build robust software systems and applications across domains such as software development, IoT, Machine Learning, game engines, eCommerce, and CMS, and more.
How can hiring AWS developers contribute to a company’s growth?
AWS simplifies the process for businesses looking forward to launching their services or products online. If a company deals with a lot of data or has cloud-based development projects, it becomes crucial to hire AWS developers for enhanced scalability, productivity, and cost savings. Platforms like LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Netflix, Reddit, etc., utilize AWS in their tech stack. It justifies the popularity of AWS services and the increasing demand for AWS developers for hire in 2022.
How to hire AWS developers?
When it comes to hiring a dedicated AWS developer, you’d want to hire someone proficient with the AWS platform & its best practices and up-to-date with the latest technological advancements. However, you should also consider if the candidate can apply his knowledge to develop solutions for real-world problems. In this article, we will look at the important aspects you need to consider while hiring AWS developers.
Skills to look for while hiring skilled AWS developers
- Proficiency with AWS services such as EC2, Glacier, S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon ElastiCache, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, etc.
- Experience with tools such as AWS OpsWorks to integrate additional AWS services, for e.g., Elastic Load Balancing
- Experience with automating, configuring, deploying, and managing servers and stacks across AWS
- Experience in cloud formation; creating, modifying, and terminating AWS collections with the help of reusable infrastructure templates
- Well-versed with Inventory and Configuration Tracking to evaluate AWS resource compliance
- Familiarity with third-party tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Salt
- Strong data management skills with an understanding of database technologies such as DynamoDB
- Ability to write clean, testable, and secure code
- Experience with IT operations and systems administration
- AWS certification is preferable
- Familiarity with the AWS security model
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for solving challenging problems
Create a hiring funnel
1. Candidates sourcing
With companies adapting to the remote work environment, they
now have access to a global pool of developers to source and vet the best candidates from across the world. You can use traditional job posting platforms to source candidates and track the applications, or you can make a smart choice and try deep jobs platforms like Turing.com which offers Silicon Valley-caliber AWS developers for hire who are sourced, vetted, matched, and managed with AI-powered software solutions.
Once you have shortlisted candidates, the next step is to assess their capabilities through technical tests and tasks. This process could be a little overwhelming if you do it all manually, but you can save your engineering team’s time with Turing. Hiring AWS developers is now easy, cost-efficient, and faster with the Intelligent Talent Cloud powered by AI developed by Turing company.
Also read: What is Amazon ERC Number and How to Contact Amazon HR Department
The goal of an interview is to assess a developer’s caliber and problem-solving abilities. This helps you check if they are the right fit for the role or not. Here are some of the most important questions you can ask while hiring AWS developers.
Top 10 interview questions to ask if you want to hire AWS developers
- How do you prefer to separate an organization’s workload between public cloud and private servers?
- List down the necessary steps you’ll take while designing the AWS architecture for a new application?
- Do you have experience working on AWS CloudFormation templates & tech stacks?
- Mention some of the native AWS Security logging capabilities?
- List some of the AWS services that are not region-specific.
- Tell us about your experience dealing with a major obstacle while working on any previous project.
- Tell us about your previous AWS projects and your contribution to them.
- How would you manage to communicate technical requirements and project reports with other non-technical stakeholders in the company?
- State the difference between AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation?
- Discuss some of the latest and significant AWS announcements.
With the advancement in technology, it has become essential for businesses to develop secure and resilient solutions to meet the ever-changing demands and handle vast amounts of data. Once you hire full stack developers with AWS, they can help you achieve your business goals, transform business processes, increase flexibility, evolve strategically, and harness the power of cloud computing.
With over 200 ready-to-use features, AWS provides scalable servers, storage, remote computing, networking, email services, web/mobile development capabilities, and security to its users. It also enables businesses to empower their staff to collaborate and exchange data in a safe and frictionless manner. AWS developers prove to be a valuable resource for the companies as they offer solutions that directly impact the company’s bottom line and help clear out the obstacles to innovation.
So, if you are looking forward to improving your existing cloud infrastructure and securing your database systems, this is the right time to hire AWS developers!
Leave a comment