Top 10 Companies for Cloud Data Protection
Key Must-Have Features for a Cloud Data Protection Software
Our software and information workloads are residing on the cloud, together with typical cloud spending rising by 59 percent between 2018 and 2020. But, protecting cloud information is a significant concern, since 54 percent of businesses with info on the cloud also have experienced a security incident in the past twelve months. That is why you want strong cloud data protection software, together with These must-haves:
- Rapid scalability: Since your landscape develops (including more endpoints, fresh people clouds, personal digital machines or VMs, etc.), the program ought to have the ability to maintain.
- Stringent compliance: The cloud information security software must offer security in accordance with GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and also some other regional regulations like CCPA. The business has to be able to swiftly address compliance interruptions and also tailor the software for your own requirements.
- Ecosystem compatibility: It needs to be compatible with important public clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP and personal clouds and VMs. Further, you may also want container service.
- Migration services: It’s ideal if the seller guides the migration from the current information landscape into a updated cloud data security package. But, entirely in-house migration can be possible, assuming you have enough IT resources or a simple installation procedure.
- Easy setup:A SaaS-based setup with nominal downloads, installations, or settings, will help you to get started with cloud information security.
Top 10 Software for Cloud Data Protection in 2021
When there are numerous suppliers specializing in security options for your cloud, the subsequent ten sellers are frequently known for their information security capabilities and their capability to push a combined security plan across various cloud surroundings.
Disclaimer: This is a curated list based on publicly available information from various sources and might incorporate vendor sites which promote to mid-to-large enterprises. Clients are advised to run their own final research to guarantee the ideal match for their particular organizational requirements.
1. Cloud-Delivered Data Protection by Palo Alto Networks
Overview: Palo Alto is one of the world’s top cybersecurity sellers, specializing in cloud safety, community security, and safety operations. They’re one of the top-ranking suppliers for cloud workload coverage according to Gartner Peer Insights, using a stellar score of 4.4 out of 5. The business has a large selection of offerings, and Prisma is its own applications product for cloud information and workload security. Palo Alto Networks’ Cloud-Delivered Data Protection is developed on Prisma and provides an option for data loss prevention, safety tracking, compliance, and hazard detection across all of your clouds.
Key features: The key features of Palo Alto Networks’ Cloud-Delivered Data Protection include:
- Prevention of data breaches by identifying sensitive data assets
- Behavioral analysis to detect risks and prevent intentional/unintentional data exposure
- Coverage for all types of cloud storage, including on-premise virtual environments and SaaS apps
- Secure access service edge (SASE) ready for mobile workforce protection
- Machine learning-based data classification and contextual security
- Policy enforcement for sensitive data, both at rest and in motion
- Fully cloud-native without requiring additional infrastructure
USP: Palo Alto Networks’ Cloud-Delivered Data Protection deploys completely through the cloud as a license-based provider, eliminating the necessity to bolt-on IT components including databases, servers, and third party cloud security brokers. This goes a long way in reducing your IT mess, which is a significant aid as you scale your enterprise.
Editorial comments: Palo Alto Networks is internationally recognized as a business leader and is one of the few businesses that could deliver customized, utilize case-specific data protection options while adhering to a license-activated agency version. Even should you not require the full attributes of Prisma, or when you’ve got a hybrid with on-premise dependencies, Palo Alto Networks may offer a data security solution.
2. Check Point CloudGuard by Check Point Software Technologies
Overview: Check Point has several Options for cloud Protection, Such as CloudGuard Network, CloudGuard Posture Management, CloudGuard Workload, CloudGuard AppSec, and CloudGuard Intelligence. The CloudGuard Access option is most appropriate for data security use cases, however you are able to deploy it together with CloudGuard SaaS and CloudGuard Native Safety to get much more holistic protection. Check Point Software Technologies is rated 4.5 out of 5 to Gartner Peer Insights.
Key features: The key features of Check Point Software’s cloud data protection solution include:
- Advanced threat prevention for public and private cloud data assets
- Security automation powered by integrations with DevOps environments
- Protection across multiple data repositories, including Box, Office 365, G-Suite, etc.
- Coverage for IoT, mobile endpoints, and other distributed infrastructure components
- Seamless integration with software-defined network systems
- SaaS data protection for Slack, DropBox, and ServiceNow, among others
- Advanced data loss prevention
USP: Check Point CloudGuard addresses quite a few cloud safety use cases with a single consolidated solution. You are able to leverage pick components of CloudGuard according to your business requirements and construct an answer perfectly satisfied with your information protection requirements.
Editorial comments: Businesses with a large number of information residing in SaaS programs like Slack, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Dropbox, Office 365, Workday, and so on should contemplate Check Point Software Technologies a viable companion for cloud information security.
3. Xtended ZeroTrustTM Platform by ColorTokens
Overview: Launched in 2015, ColorTokens has quickly become a recognized name in the cybersecurity planet, especially for its Xtended ZeroTrustTM Platform that’s purpose-built for the cloud. ColorTokens has an unbelievable 5 rating on Gartner Peer Insights (although true, it is yet to find widespread user adoption). Aside from its core stage, ColorTokens additionally offers Xquantify, an expert risk assessment assistance, Xassure for zero trust, also Crown Jewels Security for hybrid surroundings.
Key features: The key features of ColorTokens’ cloud data protection solution include:
- Zero trust architecture to prevent unauthorized data access
- A single unified platform, covering multiple endpoints and cloud workloads
- Visibility into sensitive assets through micro-segmentation for hybrid environments
- Sensitive information segmentation for simpler audits
- Ultra-lightweight agents for distributed endpoints to control cloud data access
- Sophisticated analytics on threat behavior, asset correlations, and access patterns
- Vendor-agnostic for multi-cloud compatibility
USP: ColorTokens is a cloud-native and cloud-first firm, perfect for businesses with a large and multipurpose information repository around the cloud, together with some amount of info data sprawl. You may opt to set up the end-to-end zero confidence stage or select involving Xshield and Xprotect.
Editorial comments: As an up-and-coming cybersecurity seller, ColorTokens certainly deserves your attention. Businesses new to cloud information security can benefit significantly from its own strategic and evaluation services.
4. Complete Data Protection by Commvault
Overview: Commvault comes with an impressive product lineup, covering use instances in data backup, protected storage, information insights, and cloud information security. It’s one of the top-rated firms by Gartner’s vendor recommendations for data centre backup and recovery, winning a rating of 4.18 out of 5 to virtual surroundings and 4.15 out of 5 for people cloud surroundings. Gartner especially mentioned its ecosystem service, since you’re able to incorporate it with most important storage arrays, clouds, and even app vendors.
Key features: The key features of Commvault’s Complete Data Protection include:
- Secure backup of data across your virtual machines, containers, cloud databases, and cloud-native SaaS apps
- Fast replication of files and built-in data recovery orchestration
- Verifiable recovery and repurposing of data copies
- Automated scripts for data recovery, compliance reporting, and outage discovery
- Possibility to integrate on-premise containerized and VM data workloads
- Robust ransomware protection
- A centralized Commvault Command Center™ for web-based governance
USP: Commvault includes two unique differentiators — ransomware security along with a on-line command centre UI. Actually, Gartner emphasized the way the provider employs ML and Honeypot mechanics to discover ransomware dangers to your own cloud information resources. What’s more, the command centre helps setup security policies and also a self explanatory data entry environment.
Editorial comments: Commvault Total Data Protection unites Commvault Backup & Recovery using Commvault Disaster Recovery to empower end-to-end cloud data security. This, together with the alternative’s simple automation and governance, makes it ideal suited for business environments.
5. IBM Cloud Security by IBM
Overview: At the area of cloud computing and data security, IBM requires no introduction. Forrester known IBM as a Data Security Portfolio Vendor Leader from the Forrester Wave. It was rated most highly in terms of its economy strategy, innovation roadmap, associate ecosystem, and information intellect. IBM has a broad selection of cloud safety products, which range from memory protection for Kubernetes containers into a Keys Supervisor for information isolation.
Key features: The key features of IBM Cloud Security include:
- Hardware-based protection through physical security keys and key management
- Data encryption in transit through SSL certificates
- Protection for cloud data encryption keys through crypto services
- Centralized security management, analysis, and remediation
- Data protection certificates manager
- Unified dashboard for configuring systems, gaining insights, and monitoring security
- Runtime protection for data protection within containers
USP: One of the serious USPs you can anticipate with IBM is its broad assortment of capacities across the numerous aspects of cloud information security. Whether you’re looking to bolster your current safety profile using bodily security keys or you would like to combine multiple security procedures into one games console, IBM functions as a product company and systems integrator to deal with your requirements.
Editorial comments: Digital-native businesses such as ISVs and platform suppliers can rely on IBM to strengthen data security due to their own cloud software.
6. Orca Platform by Orca Security
Overview: Having a 4.8 out of 5 rating on Gartner Peer Insights, Orca Security is one of the leaders that you could think about in the information security program section. The business provides cloud-native security for AWS, Azure, and GCP surroundings, facilitated by its own one-stop platform for sensitive information resources scan, context-aware disagreements, and built-in compliance.
Key features: The key features of Orca Security include:
- Easy deployment without any agents, extra IT components, or performance impacts
- End-to-end rigorous scanning to minimize the risk of overlooked assets
- Contextualized security alerts via Slack, Jira, ServiceNow, or any other integrated platform
- Open APIs for third-party or custom integrations
- 100% SaaS for zero maintenance and upkeep efforts
- File integrity monitoring and malware scanning
- Coverage for workloads across VMs, Kubernetes, and serverless environments
USP: Orca’s many important USP is that it follows a pure-play system approach, where all of attributes and abilities are bundled into one, Software as a Service solution. You may customize this through settings, custom made workload policy, tailored provisioning, and integrations, but the installation method is refreshingly easy.
Editorial comments: Launched as recently as 2019, using a Series B of $55 million in overdue 2020, Orca Security is one of the most recent sellers you could think about for cloud information protection, one that’s great for rapid implementation and quick time to value.
7. Cloud Native Protector by Radware
Overview: Cybersecurity firm, Radware, has a rich heritage of innovation as the 1990s and is now presently a publicly-traded firm on NASDAQ. Enterprises on Gartner Peer Insights provide Radware a 5 out of 5 rating for security in cloud surroundings, thanks especially to its Cloud Native Security offering. Cloud Native Security is designed to protect data stored in people cloud infrastructures against cloud-based dangers.
Key features: The key features of Radware Cloud Native Protector include:
- 1-click compliance detection of cloud misconfigurations and exposure
- Identification of unnecessary permissions and remediation through entitlement management
- Continuous monitoring for suspicious behavior
- Automated blocking of malicious data access requests
- A centralized management console across multiple cloud environments
- Recommendations for smart hardening to restrict unpermissioned access
- Intelligent correlation of attacks to give you a sequence of events
USP: A significant USP of Radware Cloud Native Protector is its own constant observation and automation capabilities. It finds misconfigurations instantly and provides recommendations. It utilizes a seven-year library of 70+ malicious behaviour indexes (MBIs) to determine prospective data strikes.
Editorial comments: For businesses with a large scale public cloud addiction (especially if you’re spread across multiple people cloud sellers ), Cloud Native Protector gives you total visibility into information resources, informs you about potential approval gaps, correlates security events, along with auto-remediates strikes. This considerably reduces manual workloads to your safety engineer.
8. Polaris Cloud Data Management by Rubrik
Overview: Launched in 2014, Rubric is one of the handful of businesses supplying a committed cloud information management solution. Its usage cases comprise information governance, centralized data compliancedata and information unification for analytics, along with information protection. Rubrik accomplishes this via the Polaris SaaS system, which may accommodate both cloud-based and on-premise data. Rubrik has been recognized by Gartner as a significant seller for data centre backup and recovery, especially for virtual environments (3.92/5) and people clouds (3.93/5).
Key features: The key features of Rubrik’s cloud data protection solution include:
- An immutable file system to protect against ransomware attacks
- Polaris Radar for detecting and remediating ransomware threats
- Extensive database support including Oracle, Microsoft SQL, SAP HANA, and Db2
- Native protection for data residing in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Office 365
- Automatic classification of sensitive data to achieve compliance
- Artificial intelligence to structure the unstructured data assets and manage metadata
- WAN‑optimized data replication for optimal performance
USP: Rubrik’s USP lies in its capacity to handle ransomware and reconcile many data types employing sophisticated AI. Rubrik uses AI to examine capacity utilization and information growth while helping resolve security incidents quicker. It extends ransomware security to on-premise hosted software, in the event you’ve got a hybrid environment.
Editorial comments: Rubrik Polaris is one of the few alternatives out there for businesses who wish to profit from AI-powered information direction and cloud information security. This, along with powerful ransomware defenses, makes Rubrik a recommended solution for people cloud-heavy infrastructures.
9. Veeam Platform by Veeam
Overview: Veeam is a major data management company that delivers a strong solution for cloud information security. It incorporated with people cloud surroundings such as Azure, AWS, and Google and containerized surroundings such as Kubernetes. Veeam is one of the very best firms called by Gartner for data centre backup and recovery, using a score of 3.89/5 to virtual surroundings and 3.88/5 to people cloud surroundings.
Key features: The key features of Veeam’s cloud data protection solution include:
- Coverage for public clouds, SaaS, on-premise apps, virtual machines, and data stored in physical servers.
- Data transformation for backup into next-gen cloud environments
- Built-in security intelligence for visibility and threat remediation
- Data protection from ransomware and non-compliance risks
- Data reusability to create secure testing environments
- Built-in audit readiness
- Unified reporting across all environments, including cost management and forecasting
USP: Veeam has many alternatives to transfer data out of legacy systems or manufacturing environments to secure storage. In addition, it includes immutable copies and may provide you analytics insights in to your crucial cloud information metrics, including usage costs, capacity forecasts, safety diagnostics, infrastructure gaps, and infrastructure correlations.
Editorial comments: Veeam is a effective cloud information management solution that addresses the whole spectrum of tasks, beginning from reusing information for software development to information orchestration and cloud information security through tracking, analyticsdata backup, and replication. ISVs and innovative app development teams must consider Veeam to guard their cloud information.
10. NetBackup Cloud Data Protection by Veritas
Overview: A worldwide leader in data security technologies, Veritas caters to 80,000+ clients worldwide, including 87 percent of the Fortune Global 500 firms. Gartner recognized it because of its capacities in virtual environments (4.14/5) and people cloud surroundings (4.10/5), next only to Commvault. While the organization has a lot of solutions and products for distinct business usage instances, its own NetBackup cloud information security is especially tuned for multi-cloud.
Key features: The key features of Veritas’ NetBackup cloud data protection include:
- Data migration support to single, hybrid, and multi-cloud infrastructures
- Data portability in the cloud with orchestrated disaster recovery
- Long-term data retention and support for Azure Archive
- OpenStack protection for securing a heterogeneous computing environment
- Agentless, API-driven data protection
- Cloud-native snapshot orchestration to optimize data management costs
- Support for a variety of databases including SQL, MariaDB, and MySQL
USP: A Significant USP of Veritas NetBackup is its close integration with Microsoft Azure along with Amazon Web Services. You can create and manage personal cloud examples on Azure and AWS utilizing NetBackup, together with assistance across AWS Snowball, Azure Data Box, AWS OutPosts, Azure Stack, and Azure Archive.
Editorial comments: Big companies with a dispersed global presence ought to think about Veritas for cloud information security. The Veritas Resiliency Platform can assist in orchestrated disaster recovery from area to area, and Veritas’ 200+ APIs assist to construct a seamlessly stitched ecosystem whatever your infrastructure parts.
Finally, your choice of cloud data security solution will return to your special needs — the kind of ecosystem and present dependencies which you have, how big your IT team, and so, the migration service you require, and special small business use cases such as disaster recovery, ransomware protection, AI/ML, safety automation, or analytics. Luckily, in a mature marketplace, there are lots of promising choices.