eCommerce has gained a lot of popularity after Covid-19. When local businesses were forced to go digital, they saw the immense opportunity that was up for grabs. Small-scale and large-scale businesses have leveraged platforms like Shopify to set up their eCommerce stores. Shopify has set a strong foothold because of its all-in-one platform for both new and old businesses. There are themes and customizable templates to design your website. Then, there is the Shopify app store to spruce up your website-building norms. If you have assistance from a top Shopify web development company, things will be easier for you and can happen in a jiffy.
But how has Shopify become so important for businesses? Let’s dive right in and find out.
Why Shopify is Important For Businesses?
Shopify doesn’t just help you in setting up your website from scratch. It is a one-stop solution for all your business needs. You can set up a new store. Customize and manage whenever and from whatever device you can. It’s easy to use and pretty straightforward with its approach.
Launching a new store can’t get any easier than this because you don’t need prior knowledge. Here are the reasons why both small-scale and large-scale businesses prefer Shopify.
- Shopify is easy to Even non-coders can develop their store up and running with its drag-and-drop feature and blocks of customization mechanisms.
- Shopify’s hosting is one of the most
- Shopify optimizes your store for mobile
- Shopify has beautiful storefronts and customizable
- You can integrate multiple payment gateways with
- You can optimize your store for SEO with the help of content and a few relevant
- Shopify is highly You can add new products, expand your product lines, or even set up multiple stores under one account.
- You will have 24/7 customer support with
Building an E-commerce Website with Shopify
Experts from top Shopify web development companies have created specific checklists to quickly set up your eCommerce store. Here they are:
- Create a Shopify account by visiting their
- Complete the setup process by filling out the relevant information, such as store name, contact information, billing address, etc.
- Choose a Shopify theme you feel will be comfortable with your You can change it anytime if you change your mind.
- Upload the required pictures, descriptions, and product stock, including prices, availability, etc.
- Using a Shopify-provided domain or linking your own custom domain gives your online store a more polished appearance.
- Integrate a safe method of accepting payments from customers, such as PayPal, Stripe, or Shopify Payments.
- You can set up your shipment preferences, such as pricing, shipping methods, and service areas. Make sure your customers understand the shipping process.
Choosing Shopify Themes and Templates
Think of your Shopify website as a poorly lit room where things are scattered here and there. Would you like to spend time there? Of course not. Similarly, your Shopify store needs a good outlook and an attractive layout. That’s where Shopify themes and customization come in. The idea is to offer a seamless experience to your customers when they visit your store. So, everything from website loading speed to optimized, high-quality images should be properly checked. You need to make it easy for a customer to traverse through your website with no extra effort.
Shopify themes and templates are the backbone of your website. They decide how your store appears in front of the audience. They can make or break your impression. So, choose your theme wisely. Take your needs and requirements into consideration before choosing your theme.
Adding Functionality with Shopify Apps
Using Shopify apps will make your routine tasks easier by automation mechanisms. You have a pre-built Shopify store with different kinds of applications that are there to enhance your website’s experience. There is an app for everything. You just have to pick the right one that will help your eCommerce store.
- Here are some of the best Shopify apps that every business must integrate their store with.
- For SEO: You can use Yoast SEO and SEO Image Optimizer For Analytics: Go for Google Analytics and Lucky Orange
- For Email Marketing: Klaviyo and Privy have been doing the rounds.
Also read: Top 10 eCommerce Tools to Grow Your Business
What are the Best Practices in Shopify Development?
- Keep the code for your Shopify store neat and tidy as you create This improves readability and simplifies maintenance and updates in the long run.
- Use variables and settings to save information in your theme files instead of hardcoding it. Future modifications can be made with less effort and time spent delving into the code because of this strategy.
- Maintaining a regular testing and debugging schedule can help you find and fix any issues with your store quickly and easily. This method assures that the client’s experience is trouble-free.
- Keep complete records of all changes made to the code and Both future programmers and you will find this information extremely useful.
How do you ensure the security and data protection of your Shopify store?
- Install an SSL certificate to protect the data of your website, encrypt conversations and transactions, and safeguard the privacy of your customers.
- Try adhering to the PCI Data Security Standard to keep your customers’ payment information safe from unauthorized Following safety procedures is a must in the online space.
- Take regular backups of your data so that you can easily restore it in case something unexpected happens.
- You can protect your store access by giving limited access to control other contacts. Don’t simply give full access to For example, if you hire a developer, you don’t need to give them access to the Payments tab.
Developing a Shopify store doesn’t require a lot from you. You can set up your website for free. Choose the free apps in the required fields. And set up payment for a start. Then, you can pick up the pace and choose a premium theme as you grow and install paid apps that enhance your customers’ experience.
Stay in sync with the latest developments and evolve your eCommerce store with time.