Meetings, conferences, important conversations — businesses have to allocate a lot of time and effort to these events, because they serve as the basis for planning, monitoring the situation, making decisions, and moving forward. And if corporations still resort to such events according to the classic scheme, small companies are making rapid progress, using virtual boardroom software for online meetings, convenient keeping of minutes, records, and joint work on documents.
The transition to online business tools became most noticeable during the quarantine, and now this process is happening organically. At first, it was a necessity, and now it is a conscious choice, made on the basis of the qualities and advantages offered by board rooms.
Now you can manage councils conveniently and easily, facilitating and speeding up administrative work: routine, but important and very necessary.
Main board room options
The main goal of the board room software is to improve meetings and make them efficient at every stage, including the preparation process. With the help of such software, you can:
- Create an agenda for meetings or meetings based on ready-made templates or according to your own plan. You can even assign specific agenda items to different people, allocate time for each presentation, involve your team in planning the upcoming meeting, etc.
- Safely share important information and documents. You can set permissions for team members and protect confidential data. Interactive documents are another interesting possibility: they can be sent to participants and absent persons in just one click.
- Keep a simplified record of the minutes of the meeting based on the agenda set in advance. The board room software gives you the tools to manage different types of online meetings, and these options are convenient and intuitive.
- Conduct polls and polls. Share the list of questions with the participants of the meeting even before it begins. Then, the council members will have more time to think and make a balanced and conscious decision. At the same time, you can conduct anonymous voting.
- When the official meeting is over, you need to collect the signatures of those present, so board rooms allow you to use electronic signatures.
Other options include a built-in task manager for easy task management, sending automatic notifications, storing and sharing different types of files, and much more.
What are the benefits of board rooms for business?
An online board portal can bring a lot of benefits not only to large enterprises but also to relatively small companies that are forced to protect their resources and direct maximum efforts to the development and new achievements. However, building a case is impossible without discussions and meetings. Therefore, if you save time on solving routine and administrative issues, more resources remain for the most necessary tasks.
- All the more, boardroomworld will be useful for those companies that work with foreign partners. Meetings with them are complicated by the long distances. But the online board portal allows you to avoid such problems and solve all cases on time, leaving competitors behind. Maneuverability and efficiency will become defining features of your company if it is equipped with a board portal.
- Share plans, instructions, and internal policies, and prepare for meetings quickly and efficiently. Collaboration with your colleagues and partners, board members, and directors is no longer limited by the time frame of the meeting and can start long before it and continue after it. Any questions can be further discussed and clarified if the need arises.
- At the same time, information access control allows the manager to add and remove participants, edit profiles and set permissions, and access levels. Moreover, such rights are distributed both globally and relative to each individual document.
Therefore, the online board portal is one of the tools that companies use in their activities to get into the Fortune 500 lists. Your still small business can also be in this ranking, and you already know what you can do.
Security standards using the online board portal
With the basic protection functions, board room software uses additional security measures so that online meetings and document exchange are protected as reliably as possible. So the protection features include:
- Multi-factor authentication
- Manage access levels for users
- Watermarks on documents
- Data encryption
- Advanced solutions to protect confidential data
- Possibility of disaster recovery of data, etc.
The software meets the highest technical requirements regarding cyber security, allowing users to feel free and protected within the service.
Board portal in use
Portals for virtual meetings are built based on the experience and needs of many companies. You can apply it to your realities. You can improve your online conferences in some ways:
- Automate scheduling of meetings and set up sending of automatic notifications to participants.
- Set up access to documents for certain colleagues or business partners.
- Create polls, live or anonymous polls to make informed decisions.
- Set automatic recording of meeting notes or even keeping minutes.
- Transform the decisions made during the meeting into specific tasks assigned to certain specialists.
- Collect feedback and comments about the meeting.
These and many other ways of using board rooms will be available at the right time. Free up your operating time to move forward, and perform critical administrative tasks with the help of special software. Soon you will see positive results in your company, regardless of the specifics of your business.
Board rooms: software choosing criteria
There is still one more question: How does a reliable software provider organize online conferences and meetings? Just a few criteria will come in handy and you can decide on the best service.
What you should start your search with is a clear outline of your company’s needs and the pool of tasks your business faces. In fact, each software is slightly different in terms of functionality. Therefore, your needs should come first in the search query.
Next, you should decide on the budget the business is ready to allocate to solve this issue since different services are charged differently. When choosing, you should pay attention to independent experts and user reviews, so you should read testimonials and view online reviews of various board rooms.
Based on this, you will be able to assess the profitability and feasibility of such an investment. Based on this, you will make a final and balanced decision. If you follow this scenario, you will be satisfied with the virtual boardroom software that you have chosen for your company.