It is imperative that you are prepared for any security incident, especially as small businesses are increasingly being targeted by cyberattacks. Cybersecurity training is the best way. We will be discussing various training options in cybersecurity.
Cybersecurity Training: What Is Ts and Why Is It So Important?
In simple words, cybersecurity training is the education and training of individuals about how to use a company’s networks, servers, and other components of IT infrastructure safely to reduce security risks.
This training equips individuals with best practices for storing and sharing confidential data in order to reduce the risk of data breaches. Cybersecurity training can help minimize the damage caused by any security incident.
Here are some reasons why cybersecurity training is so important for your company:
- Your employees will be able to defend against social engineering attacks and ransomware attacks or any other cyber threat with in-depth cybersecurity training
- Your employees can reduce/mitigate the risk of data breaches by creating a security program.
- Cybersecurity training can help customers trust your company, as they are more aware of cyberattacks.
- Regular training will keep your cybersecurity team current on the latest threats and security steps to mitigate them.
- For regulatory compliance, cybersecurity training is vital
- Even if your company has full-time cybersecurity professionals, training your employees in cybersecurity awareness is a great way to ensure your company’s IT infrastructure and confidential data are protected.
How to choose the right cybersecurity training courses
There are many cybersecurity training options available for professionals and students, online or in person.
These tips will help guide you in choosing the right training program for you.
- Decide the training mode you prefer – online or in person.
- To ensure that your course is focused on practice, make sure you check the curriculum.
- Based on your abilities, choose the cybersecurity training course that is right for you – intermediate, advanced, or beginner.
- You should ensure that you select a course with up-to-date content
- You must first consider your needs when choosing the right training program. Then, start looking at different cybersecurity training options.
You don’t have to spend money on cybersecurity awareness training.
Many companies offer free cybersecurity awareness training. Completing free courses can help you build a foundation for your future learning.
Top 10 Cybersecurity training options to develop cybersecurity skills
These are the top ten ways to develop cybersecurity skills.
Cybrary provides solutions for small business owners to help them and their staff to mitigate cyber threats.
The company offers scenario-based training to help individuals and teams improve their cybersecurity skills.
2. SANS Institute
SANS institute is a top platform that offers cybersecurity research, cybersecurity training, and various cybersecurity certifications to security professionals.
SANS Institute offers degree and certification programs that will prepare you to be a cybersecurity professional capable of meeting the current challenges facing businesses.
Cybersecurity courses offered by the company focus on cybersecurity leadership, cloud security, cyber defense, and digital forensics.
SANS Cyber Range Challenges allow you to use your skills and gain real-world experience while training.
Live training sessions are also offered by the company.
3. EC-Council University
EC Council University offers affordable online cybersecurity degrees. It offers cybersecurity courses online for undergraduates and graduate students.
The Knowledge Review Magazine named the university as one of America’s 20 Most Valuable Online Schools.
4. CISSP Training Bootcamp
Infosec Certified Information Systems Security Professional Training Bootcamp is a sure way to earn your CISSP certificate.
Quick Highlights of CISSP Training Bootcamp include, but are not limited to:
- Exams pass guarantee
- Unlimited practice exams
- Annual Infosec Skills subscription for free ($299 value).
Six days of expert CISSP instruction
SecurityTube.net is an infosec video aggregator that offers a rich collection of video content to improve security knowledge. To increase your cybersecurity awareness, you can browse and view videos on various topics.
ISC(2) is a renowned organization that offers training programs in order to be eligible for its prestigious certificates.
- Cybersecurity Certificate
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Concentrations of CISSP
For those looking to pursue a career as a cybersecurity professional, these certification courses are highly sought-after.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA), is a leader in the global information tech ecosystem.
Its CertMaster Learn™ for Security+ has rich resources including 40 hours of engaging content and 16 lessons with interactive performance-based questions, 160 practice questions with instant feedback, as well as many other features.
This course is self-paced and will prepare you to receive a CompTIA Security+ certificate.
Cisco is the name you can trust when it comes to cybersecurity training for information security professionals. The Cisco Digital Learning subscription will give you access to the following product and certification courses:
- CyberOps Associate
- CyberOps Professional
- CCNP Security Core and Concentration Exams
9. Microsoft Cybersecurity Training
The Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect Certificate is a certificate that you can:
- Architecture and strategy for Zero Trust
- Evaluate Governance Risk Compliance (GRC), security operations strategies, and technical strategies
- Infrastructure security design
- Create a strategy to manage data and applications
- To prepare for the exam, the company offers online training at no cost.
Udemy is an excellent place to find low-cost courses in cyber security to protect systems, increase network security, protect data and mitigate cyber threats.
You can take Udemy cybersecurity classes at any pace.
These courses are designed to help anyone who is interested in becoming a cybersecurity analyst without any prior experience.