It can seem like too much work to move to the cloud. All of the moving parts teams struggle with cloud migration and downtime because of the amount of effort required. It can be difficult to know where to begin and feel overwhelmed. These things don’t need to be a concern for teams. They use cloud migration tools to assist them in their cloud migration process.
Top 10 Cloud Migration Tools
1. AWS Migration Services
AWS Migration Services securely and quickly migrates databases to AWS. This tool is designed to minimize downtime for database-dependent applications.
AWS Migration Services users don’t need to make any changes to the source databases. However, they will need to install drivers and applications. It can monitor target databases continuously and automatically restart if there’s an interruption.
- Performs database migrations, both homogeneous and heterogeneous.
- Performs continuous data replication for multiple use cases
- Data migration into the cloud is possible for development purposes
2. Azure Migration Tools
Azure Migrator Tools provide a central location for teams to start, execute and track their Azure migrations. This tool allows an extensible and flexible approach by using assessment and migration tools to simplify your migration process.
Azure Migration Tools provides end-to-end progress monitoring for both server and database migrations. This tool acts as a central hub for all on-premises and off-premises migrations.
- Flexible and extensible to simplify your migration
- To track and manage your migrations, integrate with tools that are specific to your workload
- Ensure compliance with your migrations
3. Carbonite Migrate
Carbonite MOVE is another tool to help teams move seamlessly between cloud and platform environments. This tool recognizes that data migration can be dangerous and could cause downtime or data loss.
Carbonite Migrate reduces data migration risk by creating a repeatable and structured process for data migration. The tool allows teams to innovate quickly and ensure their workloads run on the right platform.
- Migration of workflows from physical, virtual, and cloud-based environments
- There’s very little downtime and almost instant failover in the event of an emergency
- Outstanding technical and customer support
4. Corent SurPaaS
SurPaaS allows teams to package applications and deliver them as software-as-a-service to customers. This tool allows users to optimize their operations by balancing workloads, leveraging business opportunities, and optimizing their workflows.
- You can transform your applications into SaaS apps by following a few simple steps
- Tenancy Models allow you to manage each application environment.
- To effectively manage the application lifecycle, monitor tenants, regardless of where they are located.
5. Google Migration Services/Velostrata
Velostrata is now called Migrate for Compute Engine. This tool dramatically improves cloud migration capabilities. This tool is intended to increase migration agility and decrease risks associated with migrations.
- For validation before migration, there is built-in testing
- Rollbacks on-premise that give teams security in the event of errors
- Real-time streaming is available for migrations and workloads.
6. Micro Focus PlateSpin Migration Factory
Micro Focus PlateSpin Mitigation Factory is an advanced data center transformation platform that accelerates server migrations, reduces errors, and increases automation. It creates a plan that can be used to execute your migrations and uses integration testing to ensure security.
- Integrated testing for all server migration jobs
- Automated assessment, planning, and testing for data center migrations
- The live transfer allows for the migration of active servers without having to take them offline
Turbonomic is a hybrid cloud automation platform that optimizes workloads and monitors them. This tool is capable of handling complex hybrid clouds using simple intelligence throughout all phases.
Turbonomic employs visual components, such as the mapping resource consumption, to allow teams to see what’s happening with their data and when it happens. This allows them to increase infrastructure utilization and expand the reach of their data centers.
- Visual tools allow you to see all workflows.
- A propriety policy engine can help you increase compliance
- New policies should be developed to meet operational and business requirements
Also read: Top 10 Cloud Computing Tools
VMware is a cloud-migration platform, that also acquired CloudHealth Technologies. The platform’s cloud migration capabilities have been expanded, which will help it attract more customers to its cloud migration tools.
VMware uses analysis and reporting to align infrastructure with business goals. To ensure infrastructure performance and configuration are properly executed, teams can create policies.
- To ensure that migrations are successful, track and report data centers.
- To ensure that proper configurations are in place, you should establish infrastructure policies
- Reporting and metrics that align with business goals should be aligned
Cloudscape assists teams in identifying the first steps to cloud migration. It helps them to understand their business’s data, and how they can best organize it. This tool helps teams identify the data that is scattered within their organizations and determine which cloud provider they should use.
Cloudscape uses analysis and planning to help organizations simplify cloud cost models. This tool provides complete visibility of the cloud lifecycle for teams so that they can make informed business decisions.
- Using illustrated charts, you can identify the differences between inventor-based and usage-based pricing.
- Optimize price modeling by using these illustrations
- To improve your IT infrastructure management, you can use spreadsheets and cloud workload sizing to increase efficiency
- Infrastructure Product Lifecycle Reports offer a comprehensive analysis that can be used to accurately size workloads and reduce time spent on manual modeling
ScienceLogic provides an automated cloud migration platform that gives teams complete visibility into the cloud migration process. It has an easy-to-use interface that allows teams to quickly analyze large quantities of data.
ScienceLogic assists teams in establishing a baseline understanding of their business operations, so they can classify and monitor the systems.
- Monitoring the performance of your services, applications, and other resources, regardless of where they are located, is important.
- Control the relationships between storage environments and other infrastructure components
- You can monitor the health of your apps to ensure any potential risks are promptly identified