Cloud storage has many advantages over traditional or on-premise storage. We will see more organizations migrate to the cloud. Cloud automation testing is becoming more important for businesses that have already migrated to the cloud or are planning to do so. Cloud testing tools are increasing in popularity, helping organizations to overcome potential issues that could affect their cloud-based applications. This article will show you the best cloud testing tools for cloud-based applications.
What is a cloud testing tool?
Cloud testing tools allow organizations to automate their software assessments by using cloud computing resources to test the software’s performance. It tests the performance of all elements to make sure they run efficiently. Cloud testing tools can also be used by organizations to assess cloud-based applications in terms of functional and non-functional requirements.
Cloud testing tools can also be used to create a virtual copy of cloud-based resources in order to test for efficiency in elements such as latency, compatibility and security, and overall infrastructure performance.
Benefits of using cloud testing tools
Attestation can be done by testersCloud-based testing tools have a lower ownership cost than traditional software. That of traditional testing resources. Cloud testing allows testers to reuse components from their test environments. Also, you do not need many hardware requirements to conduct cloud-based testing of your cloud resources. These tools allow testing teams to use tools without licensing costs.
The use of cloud-based tools brings about the benefits of virtualization. For more details, Businesses have the chance to maximize their testing effectiveness by utilizing their resources. Virtualization is becoming more important as applications become more complex.
Access to the cloud resources in continuous access
Cloud testing allows users of cloud-based apps to have continuous access to their applications, even while they are being tested. They can quickly respond to customer needs with this unaffected access. Testers can also spot mistakes early in software development.
Cloud-based environments also allow testing teams to have more coverage in a shorter time period because they can log in from wherever they are, and start testing whenever needed.
Easier disaster recovery
If there is a storage or hardware malfunction, Due to the extra cost of recovery, upgrades, and maintenance, the backup process for on-premise systems was never easy. Cloud testing software tools are now available. In just a few clicks, organizations can quickly recover valuable information and assets. This is due to the fact that information is stored on multiple servers. Cloud engineers can quickly switch servers to retrieve information if one fails.
Automation is the key to DevOps’ relevance. Cloud testing provides enough support for that. Cloud testing also enhances DevOps teams by providing remote monitoring, automated deployments, reconfigurations, and deployments of cloud applications, as well as easy access to feedback. Cloud testing can help reduce bottlenecks in cloud monitoring and testing, as well as the resolution of problems with cloud resources.
Key features of cloud testing tools
Without knowing the key features, choosing the right cloud-based automation tools for your DevOps team can be daunting without knowing some key features to consider. Let’s look at some key features before you make a decision.
It should be able to dynamic user activities mapping
Make sure that you can upload, edit, and maintain user activity right within the testing tool. This feature will allow your team to have complete information about who did what and why.
Cross-browser and cross-device automation
Check to make sure you are ready to choose the right cloud testing tool for your company. The tool allows for automated testing on multiple devices. Different devices are used by your product users. Your testing tool should be capable of testing for performance on different devices.
There should be a central knowledge repository
Find out if your cloud tool has the ability to store data and results in a central repository. This is crucial because the central repository will be the only source of truth for any information requested. A tool that stores information in one central repository is also a good idea. It is important that vital information not be duplicated in multiple versions with different storage devices.
Availability of support
Find out which support services are available for each tool you want to test. Some cloud-testing platforms provide better support than others. This is important as you and your team might run into problems during testing. You may need support to get the problem resolved quickly.
Best cloud testing tools for cloud-based applications
These are the top cloud-based testing tools for 2023. They were curated based on popularity, user reviews, and features.
1. Akamai CloudTest
CloudTest provides cloud-performance testing platforms This software can automate and intelligently test cloud infrastructures in real-time. Akamai CloudTest is a great choice for DevOps teams who want to test engines that replicate real-life performance scenarios. CloudTest is able to quickly pick up and record any issues in your applications, regardless of the test load.
CloudTest gives DevOps access to in-depth analytics machines which can analyze and test different load sizes. This allows them to get an immediate result. Other than being able to test cloud applications and enterprise networks, CloudTest analytic devices can also be used to test APIs, website backend performance, as well as databases.
- This service allows teams to set and reuse test parameters easily without having to write any code.
- CloudTest lets you run a production test and get real-life performance results.
- This tool allows teams to create a customized dashboard that allows them to specify their test requirements.
- The tool supports continuous integration. Get app performance feedback to assist you in making decisions about when and where to make improvements to your application.
CloudQA provides quality assurance as a service through automated web testing. This tool has many great features for teams who prefer to create test cases using logical grouping. The tool also allows a fast way to get started with site monitoring and load testing quickly without the need to set up or install anything from the testing team.
CloudQA can be used by DevOps teams that prefer codeless testing.CloudQA makes automated regression testing provisions. This makes it possible to save money and increase scalability.
- This reduces the time it takes to code your tests.
- The tool can be used even if you have limited programming knowledge.
- Schedule your regression tests with this tool.
- It offers a team collaboration feature that allows different teams to collaborate.
- This tool requires very little configuration.
AppPerfect is a cloud-based tool used mainly by cloud developers and quality assurance teams for automated testing of web-based apps. This tool has features that allow you to easily ensure functional quality in any cloud infrastructure. This testing tool also supports testing across multiple operating systems and frameworks.
- This service allows you to record and replay web pages from any browser.
- Features that enable collaboration testing between different teams.
- It can quickly produce large numbers of test cases.
- This tool allows you to distribute test scripts across multiple computers.
- This makes it simple to create multiple script configurations and run tests.
Cloudsleuth is a cloud-based testing tool that allows you to easily monitor, record, and test the performance of web-based applications. It also allows users to share test results with other members of their team. They can work together more effectively.
Cloudsleuth also allows organizations to simulate real user traffic, load conditions, and other aspects of their web applications. The tool also provides a wide range of features for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with web applications.
- Cloudsleuth was designed to be simple to use.
- It features a simple interface that makes load testing easy.
- This tool is flexible and allows users to tailor their load testing scenarios to meet their needs.
- Cloudsleuth lets users simulate real user traffic. This allows them to see how websites will perform under peak load conditions.
Nessus is a cloud-based tool that helps testers conduct comprehensive security assessments, and is one of the most popular. The tool offers a wide range of features and capabilities, such as network discovery and server hardening, and compliance checking.
Nessus can help reduce the likelihood of data breaches in your company. The tool is simple to use and can scan for vulnerabilities in your applications, including those that are web-based applications.
- This service allows users to scan for vulnerabilities and manage them, as well as view scan results, schedule scans, and export reports.
- Nessus is able to assist organizations in ensuring compliance with industry standards like SOX, PCI DSS and HIPAA.
- Nessus can be used as an agentless scanning tool. It does not require any agent to be installed on your device or system.
- This tool can also be used for scanning web applications for vulnerabilities.
- Nessus has a flexible licensing model which allows users to only pay for the features that they use.
Since its inception, Wireshark is an open-source network performance software. It was initially designed to capture packets but many updates have made it more useful for network administrators looking to automate testing data transmissions across a network.
Wireshark has a graphical user interface that can be used on multiple operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- You can export data in several formats such as XML or PostScript.
- This allows you to see all data sent over the network in real-time.
- Analyzes network protocols, and highlight them using port number
- Different levels of encryption can be decrypted
Testsigma, a cloud-based automation tool that uses AI and Natural Language Processing (NLP), to simplify the creation, maintenance, and execution of tests for testers, is cloud-based. This tool is perfect for companies looking to automate their test processes but doesn’t have the technical skills.
With TestsigmaYou can use the AI-powered test cases generation and maintenance feature. It also provides continuous integration and delivery support. The tool allows your team to focus on other aspects such as application development, while the tool ensures your product meets the highest quality standards.
- This tool generates test cases using simple English commands. It doesn’t require any technical knowledge to use it.
- This tool will automatically update and maintain test cases. It eliminates the need for you to spend time on repetitive tasks.
- Testsigma is also compatible with most CI/CD tools.
- This tool supports many programming languages, making it easy for you to integrate them into your tech stack.
Jenkins is an open-source project, self-contained automation testing tool written in Java. This can be used to automate every stage of the software development process. The tool also has many plugins that allow it to work with all programming languages. This makes it one of the most flexible cloud-based testing tools.
- Jenkins can be used to spread work among multiple machines. This will help you speed up your testing process.
- This tool can also be used to integrate continuous data into your system.
- Automate the build-and-test process
- Jenkins can be used by testers to create reports that provide insight into the testing process.
- This tool is extensible and can be modified using plugins to meet the needs of your company.
Watir is an open-source tool that can be used to automate web browsers in order to test them. Cloud-based testing tools interact with browsers in the same way as humans: clicking links, filling out forms, and verifying content.
It’s simple to use and can be used for regression testing. It can be used to detect bugs in your applications such as UI bugs or performance issues.
- Watir can be used as an open-source tool. It is constantly updated by the community.
- Watir supports many web browsers including Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Watir is a tool that allows you to test web apps on multiple devices such as desktop computers, tablets, and smartphones.
Blazemeter supports software development at all stages. It is a flexible, open-source, and easy-to-use cloud testing tool. It has a simple user interface that is easy to understand and read, which makes it ideal for testing at all stages of the software development lifecycle.
Blazemeter allows you to capture volatile customer interactions, and determine the ability of your application to respond. Blazemeter can also be used by test teams to create custom scenarios and workflows, set performance testing parameters, and determine arrival rates.
- This tool has a powerful performance reporting feature, which can be used to cover metrics such as response
- time percentile or real-time system defects.
- This allows teams to run parallel speed tests of applications.