Top 10 Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Tools
What is APM Monitoring Tool?
APM tools can be used to monitor, track and report application performance metrics. This will help DevOps to take the necessary steps to ensure that applications meet business and user requirements. These solutions are designed to automate Monitoring application performance by monitoring parameters that provide information about the state of the application and are reported.
Application performance monitoring tools, also known as software solutions for application monitoring, can be used to monitor and track digital experiences, provide diagnostics, and support IT business operations.
APM tools make it easier for DevOps and IT staff to identify issues in their applications through the performance reports generated and displayed on dashboards.
Top 10 APM Tools
It was previously known as Tracelytics, which was then acquired by AppNeta. Now it is part of SolarWinds.
SolarWinds was founded in 1999 and has its headquarters in Texas, USA. It employs more than 150 people and has a revenue figure of $429 million.
It’s an Application Performance Monitoring Tool for web applications. It provides a deep insight into the application that provides a better user experience and is a cost-effective performance monitoring tool.
- Traceview supports Java, .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- It monitors web applications and SaaS apps.
- Traceview allows for detailed monitoring of code performance.
- This solution is based on a real user monitoring device.
- It is available online and via phone support.
Also read: How To Check For Your Software’s Scalability Testing
Dotcom-Monitor allows you to understand the user experience. You can run multi-step web transaction scripts that analyze the performance, functionality, and accessibility of complex web applications.
Dotcom-Monitor provides complete monitoring of application performance, from web pages and front-end applications to server metrics and infrastructure. To provide the best digital experience, you need to uncover performance blind spots and keep service level agreements.
Global observability at scale is possible for your web services, applications, and network infrastructure. From a single dashboard, you can see all of your pages, applications, services, and infrastructure.
- You can easily create scripts that monitor web transactions critical to your business, such as shopping carts and portal logins.
- Create scripts quickly and easily in real browsers to emulate real user interactions with your application.
- To ensure great user experiences, monitor web applications’ performance.
- You can immediately identify web application errors. Users can be minimized and their impact reduced.
3. eG Innovations
eG Innovations is a leader in IT infrastructure monitoring and application performance. eG Innovations was founded in 2001 and has since expanded its product line to include monitoring of over 180 applications, including Java,.NET SAP, SharePoint, Office 365, Office 365, and others.
Hundreds of companies around the globe use eG Innovations’ flagship app performance monitoring software, eG Enterprise to solve IT problems such as slow apps and downtime, code-level errors or capacity issues, hardware faults, configuration changes, etc.
eG Enterprise assists developers, IT Ops personnel, application managers, DevOps, and developers to quickly identify the root cause of performance problems and help them troubleshoot.
- You can monitor the digital experience of users when they use applications. Be the first to know when it is affected.
- Distributed transaction tracing allows you to see code-level information about applications and pinpoint the reasons for slowness, such as code errors, slow queries, or slow remote calls.
- Deep-dive performance insights into the application infrastructure are available: JVMs and CLRs; application servers, message queues, and databases; as well as JVMs, CLRs, and application servers.
- Auto-discover dependencies between applications (network, cloud, container, etc.). Construct topology maps.
You can isolate the root cause behind performance slowdowns with built-in correlative Intelligence and machine learning.
Datadog APM allows you to identify dependencies and remove them, reduce latency, track errors and improve code efficiency in order to optimize your application.
Distributed trace data correlate seamlessly with browser sessions and profiles, as well as process-level data and infrastructure metrics. This gives you complete visibility into the health of your application across all hosts, containers, and proxies.
- In one platform, you can easily correlate application performance logs with underlying infrastructure metrics.
- Tracing with No Limits: Analyze 100% of traces in real-time (no sampling), and keep only those that are important to you by using tag-based rules.
- Continuous Profiling With minimal overhead, analyze code-level performance across the entire stack and identify your most resource-consuming method (CPU, memory, etc.). Use tags to correlate with the relevant requests and trace.
- Synthetics and Real User Monitoring (RUM). Use controlled browser and API testing to measure and improve front-end app performance.
- Watchdog ML-based Watchdog can auto-detect anomalies and minimize alert fatigue to help you spot issues quickly.
- Use the Service Map to navigate applications seamlessly.
- Datadog integrates over 450+ key integrations to seamlessly aggregate metrics and events across your entire DevOps stack.
Sematext APM tools provide you with real-time, end-to-end visibility of web application performance. It tracks individual and business transactions and helps you identify the most underperforming areas of your application. It speeds up troubleshooting and improves user experience.
- You can see how applications interact in real time with databases, underlying components, and other services.
- Alerting in real-time helps detect anomalies before they affect the end-user.
- You can get code-level visibility that will allow you to identify root causes of performance issues and decrease MTTR.
- Ability to monitor and filter database operations, as well as slow SQL to identify the most time-consuming transactions.
- Pointcuts are custom-made (for JVM).
- Sematext AppMap displays inter-component communication, its throughput, latency, and error rates, as well as its throughput.
6. ManageEngine Application Manager
ManageEngine Application Manager is an application performance monitoring software that can be used to monitor the performance of applications in complex and dynamic environments. It provides deep performance insights into critical business applications, both in the data center as well as on the cloud. It’s easy to set up and use.
- Agent-based monitoring using byte-code instrumentation for Java,.NET and PHP as well as code-level diagnostics.
- Simulated synthetic transaction monitoring from multiple geographic locations to simulate multi-page end user workflows
- Support for more than 100 applications and infrastructure components.
- Monitoring hybrid cloud, virtual, and container technologies like Kubernetes, and Docker is a constant task.
- Automated application discovery, trace, and diagnostics (ADTD) make it easier to identify and solve root causes faster.
- Machine learning-enabled analytics can help you predict future growth and resource usage.
Also read: Top 10 Cloud Testing Tools for 2022
Site24x7 is a cloud monitoring tool by Zoho Corporation. Site24x7 was created by Zoho Corporation, a Saas leader in business and productivity software, and Manage Engine, an IT management software suite of world-class quality.
Site24x7 has over 10,000 customers around the world and helps IT teams and DevOps of all sizes and shapes to quickly and easily troubleshoot problems across their infrastructure and applications. Site24x7’s APM Insight helps you optimize the performance of your application in real-time.
Site24x7 Application Performance Monitoring Insight allows you to understand the behavior of your applications and create seamless digital experiences for your customers.
- Learn how your applications communicate with other components
- You can use 50+ metrics to determine how your application performance affects the end-user experience.
- Distributed tracing helps you easily troubleshoot across microservices.
- AI-powered APM tools that allow you to detect sudden spikes in application performance.
- Real-time monitoring of business-critical transactions
- Integration seamless with Site24x7 Real user Monitoring, for a comprehensive view of front-end as well as back-end performance.
8. New Relic
Lew Cirne founded New Relic in 2008. New Relic has grown rapidly and has become an indispensable tool for developers, IT support staff, and business executives. It now serves thousands of customers to improve their software or application performance.
New Relic has offices around the world, including in San Francisco, San Francisco, Dublin, Sydney, and London. New Relic enjoys a phenomenal growth rate. It generates approximately $263 million in revenue for the current fiscal year 2017. Year-on-year, it experiences a growth rate of 45%.
New Relic APM tools allow you to drill down on performance-related problems.
- Response time, throughput, error rates, etc.
- External services.
- The most time-consuming transactions.
- Cross-Application Tracing.
- Transaction breakdown.
- Comparison, History, and Analysis of Deployment
AppDynamics is an American Application Performance Management Company, that was founded in 2008, and is located out of San Francisco. With a 2017 revenue of $118million, more than 1000 employees work for AppDynamics. It was #9 on the Forbes list of 100 top Cloud companies.
AppDynamics now belongs to Cisco; the acquisition was completed by Cisco in March 2017. AppDynamics delivers real-time, end-to-end performance for complex and distributed applications.
- It supports languages like Java, Node.js, PHP, .NET, Python, C++, etc.
- Sends an alert for a business-critical issue and automatically performs base-lining.
- Monitoring each line of code helps to resolve performance problems in production applications.
- AppDynamics can quickly identify the root cause and fix any issue.
- Appdynamics uses the Response and Alerts to automatically detect what is normal about the performance.
Opsview is a software company founded in 2005 and has its headquarters in Reading, England. It also has offices in Woburn, Massachusetts, the United States.
Opsview APM tools give you a single view of all infrastructure and performance of business applications. Digital technology is complex because multiple applications can be deployed at different locations. It is difficult to display performance data in one context.
Opsview, however, makes it much easier to use its automated, unified approach.
- Opsview monitors the health of the application and sends alerts when it isn’t normal. This happens before the
- end-user is impacted.
- It monitors database availability, connectivity to clients, and storage metrics.
- Opsview makes sure that critical business applications meet their SLAs.
- It can be used with Opsview Mobile and other Opsview products.