The internet is a place of many dangers, and if you want to protect your family from those dangers, you might need to learn how to monitor kids’ Snapchat.
Yes, it might sound like a breach of privacy or even trust, but sometimes an adult can see the dangers much better.
Why You Should Monitor Your Kid’s Snapchat?
Reasons for checking on your child’s Snapchat are numerous and very rarely do they include just a simple wish to meddle with their life.
There are some serious problems that might occur in the online world, and here are some of them:
- They are secretive about who they spend their time with
- They have a girlfriend/boyfriend that you know nothing about
- You’re afraid that your child might be getting bullied
- Or that your child is a bully
- You suspect that they are talking with someone dangerous for them
- You think they might be sexting and sending improper photos
As you can see, these are some pretty serious issues for a young person, and who can blame you if you just want to protect your child from making a mistake they would later regret.
How Do I Monitor My Child’s Snapchat Without Them Knowing?
If you want to know if parents can monitor Snapchat, as in, if Snapchat will give you access to your child’s account – the answer is no. This is why you will need some other means if you want to monitor kids’ Snapchat.
The Most Effective Solution
mSpy is a brilliant app with numerous features that will help you in your Snapchat pursuits, and it is very simple to use. We recommend you to read more reviews on mSpy to know all functions that you can use.
Here’s how to get started with this app:
- Choose a plan and buy a mSpy subscription that suits your needs best
- Receive the installation guide to your email address
- Install mSpy on the device you want to follow (this will only take a few minutes)
- Start monitoring your child’s Snaps, completely unnoticed
Besides Snapchat tracking, mSpy offers other numerous features that make it stand out from any other spy app on the market including, but not limited to 24/7 customer support, GPS tracking, access to all social media (Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, Tinder, etc.), access to their media folders and web browser, and much more. If there is an app that will help you monitor your kids successfully, it is mSpy.
Recover Media from iCloud
If the question “how can I monitor my child’s Snapchat” is still bugging you, but you can’t afford a spy app, you can try to recover your kid’s Snapchat images from iCloud. The disadvantage of this method is that you would have to know their credentials and actually have their phone.
If you can manage to get your hands on their phone, this is what you should do next:
- Open Settings, then find General
- Go to Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings
- Restart the phone
- When the setup starts, log in with the password and ID of your kid’s kid’s Apple
- Once you get the Apps and Data message on the screen, choose Restore from iCloud Backup
These steps might be simple, but as we said, you would need access to their phone, AND you would also need to know the credentials to log in.
And this might not be as simple as it seems.
Also read: How to Remove Ads from Your Smartphone?
Recover Media via File Manager on Android
If you’re worried that your child might be sending or receiving improper photos, and if they’re using Android, there is a way to restore deleted media files and see what exactly they are exchanging.
However, note that you would need physical access to their phone to do so.
Here are the steps:
- Open File Manager
- Go to “com.Snapchat.android > cache > received_image_snaps”
- Restore media from “com.Snapchat.android” folder
Hopefully, we’ve managed to help you learn how to monitor your child’s Snapchat, and you managed to check your kids’ accounts before they’ve done something they would regret or that would put your family in danger.